Data we hold and maintain
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Environmental Records (BMERC) holds and maintains:
- details of designated sites
- priority BAP habitats
- wildlife records for Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
This data is used by BMERC in its normal business, including:
- commercial and non-commercial data searches. Anyone receiving records via a BMERC data search will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- wildlife conservation and management
We welcome records from all sources, please see our Submit your records page for more information on who we share data with and what you agree to by submitting records.
We also offer a number of services to professional consultants, recorders, and the general public.
Data search requests
We supply biodiversity information for a particular site in the form of lists, reports and maps.
Refer to our Request Data page for details.
Recording group administration
We maintain mailing lists for the following:
- BMERC – for those with a general interest in wildlife recording
- Bucks Invertebrate Group – for those with a general interest in invertebrates
- Rare Plants Recording Group – for those with an interest in rare plants
- Bucks Geology Group – for those with an interest in geology
If you would like to join one or more of these mailing lists, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan of equipment
We have a small range of survey and display equipment - GPS devices, Longworth traps, display screens etc. - which we can lend to local groups or individuals on request.
For more details please contact us.
We arrange this annual free all-day event for local recorders in Spring.
Details about this will be posted on our News and events page.